I loved mashed/whipped potatoes and one of my favorites are the ones from Bonefish. I recently tried recreating theirs at home and it tasted spot on!
What I used:
- 1 medium garlic
- Olive oil
- 2 pounds of russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
How I made it:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, put your garlic on a foil sheet. Drizzle the garlic with olive oil and then wrap in aluminum foil. Bake in your preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- Next, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in your potatoes, and cook until they are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and mash your potatoes.
- Stir in your butter, milk, salt and pepper.
- Finally, remove the garlic from the oven, and cut in half and squeeze the softened cloves into the potatoes. Blend the potatoes potatoes with an electric mixer until they are as smooth as you would like.
- Garnish with parsley on top – serve warm!
These go perfect with my steaks!
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.