What’s for Dinner: Chocolate Chip Squares
One of my favorite desserts [and one of my go-to desserts] are my Seven Layer Bars. Today, I did a very simple version of that by just using chocolate chips– not nuts, coconut flakes or peanut butter [for my picky brother!]
What I used:
- 2 and 1/2 cups [approximately] of graham cracker crumbs
- 1 [14 ounce] can of condensed milk
- [about] 1/2 to 3/4 cup of mini [semi-sweet] chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- I took the graham crackers and put them in a large ziploc bag and crushed them (you can also just get the crushed graham crackers). Once it is all crushed, mix the graham crackers with the melted butter well (I did it with my hands because it was the easiest way to mix it and keep it from clumping).
- I used a 9 by 13 dish to make this in (spray with non-stick spray). So in it, I put in the graham cracker mixture and pressed it in well covering the whole bottom of the dish in a thin even layer.
- I sprinkled mini chocolate chips all over the graham cracker layer.
- On top of the chocolate chips, I evenly poured a can of condensed milk all over.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Once it comes out of the oven, let it cool before cutting them into bars/squares.
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.