I made this no bake cheesecake two days ago and I was pleasantly surprised at how good the combination of the chocolate cheesecake with the rice krispies worked.
It required minimum prep, was easy to put together and I know I’ll be making this again soon! The best part of this cheesecake was that it was a no-bake. For the rice krispies base, I used my rice krispies recipe that you can also find by clicking here.
What I used:
- a stick of unsalted butter
- 7 + 1/2 ounces of marshmallow fluff
- 6 cups of rice krispy cereal
- 8 ounces of milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of of heavy cream
- 16 ounces of cream cheese, softened (two sticks)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 + 1/2 cups of whipped cream, softened
- 1 chocolate bar, room temperature, for decorating (I used lindt milk chocolate)
How I made my cheesecake:
- Butter the sides and base of your springform pan with butter.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Once your butter is completely melted, turn the heat down to low and add the marshmallow fluff, stirring constantly (for about five minutes).
- Add the rice krispy cereal and mix it well.
- While the rice krispy cereal mix is still warm, transfer them to your springform pan.
- Press down into the rice krispies to form the base of the cheesecake and press the edges against the springform pan to cover the sides. Set aside and let it set.
- In a large bowl: mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Place your milk chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl and pour the heavy cream on top. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring until it is melted.
- Pour in the melted chocolate mixture into the cream cheese mixture and stir to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Add about 1 and ½ cups of whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and fold with a spatula until everything is combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crispy rice base and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Refrigerate your cheesecake for at least 3 hours or overnight, until the cheesecake is set.
- I then use a vegetable peeler to shave the chocolate bar into shavings for decorating the middle of the cheesecake. It’s much easier to peel when the chocolate is room temperature, but I would put the chocolate in the fridge once it’s shaved/peeled.
- Once the cheesecake is set, release the springform pan.
- To decorate what I did was: I put whipped cream in my decorating tool (or you can use a piping bag) with a star tip (I used a 2M) and decorate the top edges of the cheesecake.
- Lastly, take the chocolate shavings from earlier and put it in the middle of the cheesecake
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.