This has become my new favorite way to make steaks — searing it on the stove on a high pan but finishing it off in the oven. I use the same ingredients still, but the way I cook it is a bit different:
- I preheat my oven to 400 degrees.
- I take my ribeye (or T Bone) steaks and marinated with olive oil, Montreal Steak seasoning, and Lawry’s seasoning salt.
- Take an oven-safe pan, and heat olive oil in it on medium to high heat. Once the oil is heated, melt a tablespoon of butter in the pan.
- On high heat, sear both sides of the steaks to form a caramelized crust
- Then, transfer your pan(s) with the steaks to your preheated oven and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Once its out of the oven, let it sit for a few minutes otherwise all the juices come out and dry up the steak
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.