This has become my new favorite way to make steaks — searing it on the stove on a high pan but finishing it off in the oven. I use the same ingredients still, but the way I cook it is a bit different:
- I preheat my oven to 400 degrees.
- I take my ribeye (or T Bone) steaks and marinated with olive oil, Montreal Steak seasoning, and Lawry’s seasoning salt.
- Take an oven-safe pan, and heat olive oil in it on medium to high heat. Once the oil is heated, melt a tablespoon of butter in the pan.
- On high heat, sear both sides of the steaks to form a caramelized crust
- Then, transfer your pan(s) with the steaks to your preheated oven and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Once its out of the oven, let it sit for a few minutes otherwise all the juices come out and dry up the steak
Serve with whipped potatoes, or my seasoned fries… or this baked version too!
Like my recipes? Click this link to purchase my cookbook “What’s for Dinner”
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.