The night I made the Cheddar Bay Biscuits, I also made these fries that I seasoned with some spices and herbs that I put together.
They were delicious!
With no potatoes in hand, I was left with store bought french fries to work with. I didn’t want to just serve them as is, so I combined some spices and herbs to give the fries my own twist and make them more exciting.
I let the store-bought frozen french fries thaw for several hours before I used them. I used abut 3/4 of the bag with the following amount of spices:
- about a 1/2 of teaspoon salt (this is to taste, depending on salty you like things)
- about a 1/2 teaspoon of paprika (to taste)
- about a 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper (to taste)
- about a 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder (to taste)
- about a 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder (to taste)
- about a 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (to taste)
- about 1 tablespoon of dried parsley flakes
You’ll notice that I wrote “about” and (to taste) on pretty much everything. That’s because it really will vary on your taste buds. The above quantities worked well for my family and me.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line your baking sheet with foil (or whatever else you prefer).
- With the fries on the baking sheet spray them all with a non-stick spray, making sure all the fries are covered.
- Sprinkle the spice and herb mixture from above on the fries. Toss with a spatula or your hands!
- Bake it for about 25 minutes, tossing them around at least once in between.