What’s for Dinner: Cheesesteak Quesadillas
One day last week, I made these cheesesteak quesadillas that were soo juicy and delicious! My family loved them and I know I’ll be making these again soon. They require just a handful of ingredients, and is very quick to put together… whether as a snack or a meal!
View this post on Instagram
What I used:
- 2 pounds of beef sirloin steak, cut in thin strips
- 4 teaspoon of (Lawry’s) Seasoned Salt
- 2 teaspoons of Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Slices of provolone cheese
- Flour tortillas
- [Canola] oil
How I made my Cheesesteak Quesadillas:
- Season your thin strips of beef sirloin steak with two teaspoons of of season salt, two teaspoons of steak seasoning, and half a teaspoon of black pepper. Mix and combine well to ensure the steak meat is fully seasoned.
- Combine your diced bell peppers and onion and season with two teaspoon of seasoned salt and half teaspoon of black pepper.
- Meanwhile, put about one tablespoon of [canola] oil in your skillet and turn your heat to medium/medium-high.
- In batches, cook your steak meat for a few minutes per side.
- Once the steak is cooked, add about another tablespoon of [canola] in the same skillet over medium heat again.
- Add your seasoned bell pepper and onion to the skillet. Saute for a few minutes, until softened, making sure to mix frequently.
- To assemble quesadillas, i used my quesadilla maker:
- I sprayed both sides of my quesadilla maker with non-stick cooking spray, before laying one flour tortilla on it.
- Then I lay about four slices of cheese on the tortilla, covering the tortilla with cheese.
- Add a layer of meat, followed by a layer of peppers and onions. cover with another flour tortilla and close the top.
- Once it’s browned, cut into triangles, halves, or whatever you prefer!
A perfect side to go with these would be chips with my guacamole!
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.