What’s for Dinner: Pizza Sliders
These Pizza Sliders were also on the menu for our Thanksgiving get-together last month.
They were easy to make, and delicious. While you can prep ahead, they are best when served and eaten right away… so keep that in mind.
Here’s what I used:
- 1 package of (12) dinner rolls
- Marinara sauce
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- Toppings of your choice, meat and/or vegetable
For the herb-season butter topping:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
How I made my Pizza Sliders:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the dinner rolls, without separating them individually, horizontally to make a top and bottom bun. Tip: Make sure the bottom halves are the thicker of the top and bottom and halves since they will be holding all the toppings.
- Put the bottom half of the dinner rolls, carefully, into your baking dish. Spread pizza sauce all over.
- Add cheese slices, covering all of your marinara sauce. If you want to add any additional toppings like vegetable or meat, add now as well.
- Add the top half of the dinner rolls.
- Combine the ingredients for the herb butter topping in a bowl. Use a brush to spread the herb butter topping all over the sliders. Top and all of the sides!
- Cover your baking tray with with aluminum foil and bake for about 15 minutes. Until the cheese is all melted and gooey and the top is golden brown.
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.