A few weeks ago my cousin made tomato soup on a cold day that was absolutely delicious… and I finally made it today. What I love about it is how easy it is to make, the fact that I didn’t need to let it roast for 40-60 minutes [I just used the broiler instead] and that it didn’t need chicken broth, cream, or anything of that sort. Simple, quick, and delicious. My kind of recipe.
What you need:
- 1 pound of tomatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- basil and oregano, to taste
- Olive oil
What I did was:
- Season the halved tomatoes, sliced onion, and garlic cloves with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Set under the broiler until they are roasted. Doesn’t take more than 5-10 minutes.
- Blend everything in your blender until it is nice and smooth.
- Add basil and oregano and warm over low heat.
Like my recipes? Click this link to purchase my cookbook “What’s for Dinner”
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.