What’s for Dinner: Mini Tacos
Monday night, I made some mini chicken “tacos” using wonton wrappers. This is how I made it:
- I took ground chicken and seasoned it with black pepper, paprika, garlic powder and paprika. You could, of course, do the same thing with ground meat as well.
- Over low to medium heat, I cooked the ground chicken in a non-stick skillet.
- Once the chicken was cooked through, I added [low sodium] taco seasoning. Mix well, and let it cook for a few more minutes before you remove it from the heat.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a [24-count] mini muffin pan and line each one with a wonton wrapper, pressing it down in the middle. Fill it with your cooked taco meat.
- Bake, in your preheated oven, for about 6-8 minutes.
- Once it is baked, add salsa [along with whatever other topping you like on your tacos].
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.