So earlier today, I was craving something sweet (this is happening way too often lately). For a long while, I couldn’t think of what I wanted… but finally I thought to make crepes!
They were delicious! Today, I served it alongside ice cream, chocolate sauce and strawberries, In the past, I’ve done a combination of strawberries, bananas and whipped cream [that I put inside the crepes and rolled up]. Both are sure to satisfy a sweet tooth!
I tried, of course, to make it as healthy as I could. I didn’t put any oil in my crepe batter and limited [powdered] sugar to about a tablespoon. You couldn’t even tell the oil was missing, and it tasted great.
- 1 cup of [all purpose] flour
- 1 and 1/4 cups of [1%] milk
- 1 tablespoon of [powdered] sugar
- 1 egg
Note: I used powdered sugar so it incorporated in the batter easily.
To make the crepes:
- Mix all the ingredients for the crepes together, until it is of a nice [and thin] consistency. And no lumps.
- Over low to low-medium heat, heat up a non-stick pan that is sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan, making sure to quickly swirl the batter around in the pan so the whole bottom of the pan is coated in a nice and thin layer. It cooks very quickly, so you have to be quick and also keep an eye on it.
- Cook for about a minute [or until the bottom is lightly golden brown] before flipping the crepe and letting it cook for another minute [or until it too is golden brown]. I found it to be easiest to flip the crepes using my hand. It’s so delicate that with a utensil it was breaking.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
The above quantities made about 8-9 crepes.
Be creative in what you use to serve along them: basically whatever you like!
Like my recipes? Click the below link to purchase my cookbook “What’s for Dinner”:
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.
Crepes are one of the desserts we loved in Paris…I'll have to try it myself! Thanks for the recipe. I have filling mine with bananas and whipping cream!
I love crepes! I have never tried to make them myself. I will have to try!
Lynda and Tanya – it's surprisingly easy to make!
mmmmm,I need to try and make crepes one day! I would love for you to link to http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/assets-and-efforts-linky-party-2.html<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Angela<br />
you just reminded me how much I like crepes and how long time ago I had them… thanks 🙂
Love this!! There’s a new LINK-UP Party going on at thet2women.com and we would love to feature your post!! Here’s the link: http://thet2women.com/welcome-to-one-sharendipity-place-link-up-2/
I love crepes and your version looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing at Project Inspired! Hope to see you at tonight's party 8 pm EST!
[…] Click here to get my recipe for homemade Crepes! It’s super easy to make! […]