Arham loves Mickey Mouse.
For Arham’s [early] birthday party yesterday, I made homemade chocolate covered Oreos that looked like Mickey.
Arham loved them!
It involved a few steps, but were easy to make!
Here’s how I made them:
I used only these five ingredients:
- Mini Oreos
- Dipping Chocolate
- Cake Pop Sticks
To make them, what I did was:
- Take the mini Oreos, open the halves apart and scrape off the filling.
- Take your regular sized Oreo, also separate the halves (so the filling is on one half).
- On top of the filling, add icing as a binder for the cake pop stick and mini Oreos.
- Add the cake pop stick down the center.
- Take two halves of the scraped mini Oreos and place near the top of the Oreo to make Mickey’s ears.
- Place the top half of the Oreo (the icing you added earlier will bind everything).
- Continue the process for however many you are making.
- Refrigerate to let them set.
- When ready, melt your dipping chocolate.
- Dip your Oreo sticks in chocolate.
- Refrigerate again before serving.
I left mine as just chocolate covered Oreos. Of course, you could be as creative as you want – add sprinkles, use icing to decorate on top, make them red, etc.
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.