These Spinach and Cheese Swirls are a great and quick, appetizer or snack!
You will need:
- 1 sheet of [Pepperidge Farm] Puff Pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/2 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
To make your Spinach and Cheese Swirls, do the following:
- Leave out your pastry sheet at room temperature to let it soften.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, mix together your egg and water and set it aside. Mix together your Monterey Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder.
- Brush your [softened] Puff Pastry sheet with the egg mixture. Next, sprinkle your cheese mixture on top. Finally, add your spinach on top.
- Put it in the freezer for a few minutes, and then roll it up like a jelly roll. Tip: Putting it in the freezer makes it easier for you to cut them. Cut into even, thin [but not too thin] slices. Place on baking sheet. Brush the tops with egg mixture once more [to help get the golden color on top].
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until they are golden brown.
They can be served warm or at room temperature [I find them to taste best while they are warm, right out of the oven].
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes. Grab and share my button: