What’s For Dinner: Homemade Rice Krispy Treats
They are SO easy to make (and take no time at all), and everyone loves them! Which, of course, means they are done very quickly!
What you need:
- 1/4 cup of butter [or margarine]
- 1 Jar (7 1/2oz) Marshmallow Fluff
- 5 cups of crispy rice cereal, like Rice Krispies
To make them:
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Butter a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan (or use several smaller ones).
- Once your butter is completely melted, add Marshmallow Fluff and cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. The stirring part is quite important. Remove from heat.
- Add in the crispy rice cereal and stir everything until it is all well mixed. Transfer and press mixture evenly into your buttered dish(es).
- After it is has cooled, cut into squares.
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes. Grab and share my button: