What’s For Dinner: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Bars
To make the Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bars, I used:
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) of Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 bottle (7.25 oz) of chocolate topping that forms hard shell
- 1 container (1.5 quart) of chocolate chip-cookie dough ice cream (about 6 cups’s worth)
Here’s a step by step:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Take a 13×9-inch pan [that is oven-safe], and spray the bottom and sides with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your cookie mix, butter and egg together until a nice and soft dough forms.
- Using the cookie dough that you just made, make 5 cookies. Bake [in a baking sheet – not the 13×9-inch pan you greased earlier!] the cookies for about 9 to 11 minutes) or basically until the edges of your cookies are golden brown). Once they are out of the oven, let the cookies cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, press remaining dough in pan, using moistened fingers (dough will be sticky). Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until it is set. Let it cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Spread 1/3 cup of the chocolate topping over the baked crust. Freeze 10 to 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Meanwhile, remove ice cream from freezer to soften. Spread softened ice cream evenly over chocolate-topped crust.
- Crumble 5 baked cookies; sprinkle over ice cream layer. Drizzle remaining chocolate topping over cookie crumbs. Cover; freeze for about 2 hours.
To serve, let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before cutting. For serving pieces, cut into 5 rows by 3 rows. If there are any leftovers, store your leftovers in a freezer, just make sure to cover it completely.
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.