The recipe I used for my Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie? Like I mentioned in that post, I used the leftover batter at the end to make about a dozen chocolate chip cookies. A good home chocolate chip cookie recipe makes such a difference!
They were soft, moist, and chewy — just the way homemade chocolate chip cookies should be! There’s nothing like freshly homemade chocolate chip cookies made from scratch right out of the oven. I also tend to find that I don’t have the best luck use store-bought dough: they tend to burn at the bottom really quickly while the middle of the cookie hasn’t set… and it’s just plain annoying.
These cookies, I found, to be perfect!
For quantity purposes, I’ve halved my Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie recipe, but you can use the original quantities if you are making a huge batch of cookies.
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 a cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 a cup of [packed] light-brown sugar
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup PLUS two tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of [milk] chocolate chips
To make your Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Line your baking sheet [with foil, etc.] for easy cleanup.
- In a bowl, add your butter along with both type of the sugars and then beat on low to medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Next: add in the salt, vanilla, and egg. Beat until everything is well mixed together. Add in your flour and baking soda and mix to combine everything. Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Take even sized amounts of dough, and roll into a ball. Place on your baking sheet, leaving space in between each one.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
These look yummy. I am always keeping my eyes open for choc chip cookie recipes. You know you have to find the one that turns out the best for you in your oven with your bakeware. I use air bake sheets so no burning but time to cook can be a challenge. Thanks so much for posting. Visiting from House on the Way. Blessings!
Thanks Wanda! I agree, chocolate chip cookie recipes are one of those things you have to try many different versions before finding "the one" that works for your oven and bakeware.<br /><br />I'll have to look into air bake sheets, thanks for the suggestion!
I love love love Chocolate Chip Cookies! Thanks for Sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!
Pinned ! The cookies look so soft and chewy 🙂 Thank you for sharing at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party !
Chocolate chip is my favorite! Thanks for linking up at Tried and True recipes at http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/04/tried-and-true-recipes-7.html
[…] doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies [in any way or form]? I’ve done chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookie pie, chocolate chip cookie bars, chocolate chip cookie cups one way, and […]
[…] my chocolate chip cookie recipe that I used to make my Mini Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Cookie Cups a few days ago? I used […]
[…] my chocolate chip cookie recipe? I used that today as a base for a recipe test run to see how they would turn out as “cookie […]
[…] You can use a store bought cookie dough, or click here for my recipe for my chocolate chip cookies. […]
[…] Click here for my homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe. I baked them in a muffin pan, in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 15 minutes. […]
[…] list for a long while. Half way into the process, I just turned it into a cheesecake. I used my chocolate chip cookie recipe for the cookie dough portion of […]
[…] Your favorite cookie dough recipe or store-bought cookie dough. […]