What’s For Dinner: Strawberry Galette
Ingredients you need:
- 1 pie crust [store bought from the refrigerator section works great]
- About 10-15 strawberries, stems removed & sliced
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 egg, beaten
- Whipped cream, optional [homemade or store-bought]
- Ice-cream, optional
To put it together:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil, or a liner [like a silpat mat].
- Rinse/clean all of the strawberries. Remove the stems from them all, and slice all of the strawberries lengthwise. Place the sliced strawberries into a bowl and add in the 2 tablespoons of white sugar and the 2 teaspoons of cornstarch on top. Stir, gently, until the sugar and cornstarch are evenly covering all of the strawberries.
- Unroll your pie crust, and lay it on lined baking sheet. Leaving about a one inch margin around the edges, add layers of the strawberries (overlapping each other) inside the pie crust. Fold the edges of the dough over the strawberries. Brush the dough with the beaten egg. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- After you remove the galette[s] from the oven, let it cool for about 5-10 minutes before slicing [so it cuts nicely]. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes. Grab and share my button: