What’s for Dinner: Pizza Puffs
These Pizza Puffs are a great finger-food snack, or would be great as an appetizer for a party.
What you will need:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups of milk [I used 1% because that’s what I always have on hand]
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Marinara sauce, for dipping
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Other pizza toppings of your choice [optional]
To make the Pizza Puffs:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray non-stick cooking spray throughout your [non-stick] mini-muffin pan. I sprayed my non-stick pan just to be absolutely sure that they’d come out without a problem.
- In a bowl, mix together your flour and baking powder. Next, add in the milk and egg. Stir to combine everything. Mix in your shredded mozzarella cheese, the oregano, basil, and garlic powder. This would also be where you would mix in your pizza toppings of choice, whether it be vegetables like mushrooms/peppers, or chicken/meat.
- Pour the batter, evenly, into the muffin pan, filling it about 2/3rds of the way full. They will rise!
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 25 minutes, until they are light golden brown on top.
- Note: You will probably end up with enough batter for two batches [for a 24-cup mini-muffin pan]: repeat with second batch!
Serve pizza puffs warm with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.