What I’m NOT Going to Miss About Rutgers
There is about a month left of classes for my last semester at Rutgers. As I finish my last semester of undergraduate, I’ve been thinking a lot about the past four years.
Here is what I’m NOT going to miss about Rutgers:
- Professors sending emails out telling us class is cancelled about two minutes before class is to start and we are all already in class.
- Professors posting a note on classroom door or the blackboard in the room telling us class is cancelled instead of emailing us.
- Professors not emailing us, or notifying us in anyway that class is cancelled and just not showing up.
- Emails not getting to us until hours or days later.
- Rutgers email server working next to never. If it is accidentally working, loading times are ridiculous.
- Classes for the same majors being at the same time or overlapping in times so you have to pick and choose between classes you need to take.
- Won’t cancel classes during snow storms (or at least until the evenings), but won’t clean the sidewalks.
- The campus buses that were beyond crowded. Not like ‘wow, this is getting really crowded’… but more like ‘ok, I need some breathing room’ crowded.
- Can’t book normal photographers for senior photos.
- Having weekly reading quizzes! I had never had reading quizzes at all at Rutgers, until this current semester… where three out of my four classes have reading quizzes. I feel like I’m in elementary school.
- Professors who keep cancelling the exam and/or delaying them (the night before the exam)! One of my current professors has done it MULTIPLE times so far already this semester.
I’m sure this list could go on and on, but this is what I can think of off the top of my head.
P.S. Don’t forget to leave me a comment below on your thoughts! As always, I’d love to hear from you.