I love Pina Colada’s … and a Strawberry Pina Colada is even better!
What I used:
- 14 ounce bag of [Dole] frozen sliced strawberries, slightly thawed [I used half of the bag]
- 2 cups of [Dole] canned Pineapple Juice
- 15 ounce can of cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup of half and half
How I made the Strawberry Pina Colada:
- I let half of the fourteen ounce bag of frozen strawberries thaw a little. I let them thaw directly in the blender I was going to use.
- Once the strawberries were slightly thawed, I pureed them. Add a little water if need be to help get a smooth consistency.
- Next, transfer your pureed strawberries into your glasses (about 2 tablespoons in each glass).
- Rinse your blender.
- Next, to your blender add in the pineapple juice, cream of coconut, and half in half. Add in about two – three cups of ice (enough to get a slushy texture). Blend until slushy in texture.
- Pour your pina colada mixture on on top of the strawberry slush. Swirl the mixture around if you would like!
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.