What’s for Dinner: Nachos
It’s sort of become a late night tradition that whenever we go to to Canada, we go out for nachos and desserts with our cousins.
A couple of weeks ago, I was craving those particular nachos… so decided to make my own version. The only thing I did differently was that I had diced avocados in mine… because who doesn’t love avocados?
Here’s what I use:
- Tortilla chips
- Taco seasoning
- Chicken, cut into very tiny pieces
- Salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne paper (to taste)
- Nacho Taco Blend Shredded Cheese (the one I use is a combination of Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese that is seasoned with spices)
- Avocados, diced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Cilantro, minced
View this post on Instagram
Here’s how I make my nachos:
- I take the bite sized chicken pieces and I marinate it with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper. On low to medium heat I cook the chicken until it’s almost done cooking. Add the taco seasoning, and let the chicken absorb the flavors.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your baking tray with tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on all the tortilla.
- Add the layer of chicken.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about five to seven minutes, until the cheese melts completely.
- Once you take it out of the oven, add the diced tomatoes and avocados on top. Sprinkle the cilantro last.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.