One of the desserts I made last week for Eid was this Milkyway Chocolate Cheesecake!
What I used was:
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs
- 4 tables of unsalted butter, melted (half a stick)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 30 mini Milky Way Chocolate bars, cut in half
- 1/4 cup Smuckers chocolate sauce
- 1/4 cup Smuckers caramel sauce
- whipped cream, optional
- extra milky ways, optional
How I made this cheesecake:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a ziploc bag (for easy cleanup, combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter and mix well.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a [9-inch] springform pan.
- Bake your base for 10 minutes in your preheated oven.
- Once you take your base out of the oven, reduce the oven to 300 degrees.
- Meanwhile, start on your cheesecake filling by mixing your cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in your mini chocolate bars.
- Pour half of the filling batter into your springform pan.
- Pour the chocolate and caramel sauce on top of the filling (creating a checkerboard on top). Then, use a spatula to swirl the sauces into the filling.
Pour the remaining cheesecake filling into the pan and repeat the process and swirl around the chocolate and caramel sauces.
- Bake in your preheated oven for about 90 minutes.
- Let your cheesecake cool completely before decorating the top.
Like my recipes? Click this link to purchase my cookbook “What’s for Dinner”:
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.