While you are busy planning for it, life happens. And you just learn to deal with it.
Things I’ve been reminded about lately:
- Everything that can possibly go wrong, most likely will. Deal with it. Like the air conditioning deciding to stop working on us with about 80 people in the house on a hot/humid summer day in August. With the oven on constantly all day and burners under the chafing dish[es] running all day. Fun.
- Cherish the moment. You’ll never get it back. Because of Papa’s dementia, I have learned very quickly to just stop and savor the moment. As I was sitting with Papa last night , I realized to just sit there by his side and do absolutely nothing else… there is no where I’d rather be when I am lucky enough to have him nearby. Everything else can wait.
- Family first. Always. Nothing is more important. Period. There’s no one else that will always have your back.
- Eat healthy to live healthy. I found myself in a healthier eating habit I’d say almost a year and some change back and I can honestly say it makes a difference. Lately, often times I’ve not been home enough for meals or I’d eat something I normally wouldn’t… or eat late… and I can tell the difference. When you eat right, it helps you feel better inside and out.
- Just when you would like need the time to slow down a little is when it seems to speed up even more. Plus throw more chaos into a very hectic schedule already for more fun.
- If you don’t laugh about it, you’ll cry about it. Unfortunately, I have cried about it several times in the last few days.
- This, too, shall pass. For as long as I can remember, I have repeated this to myself on not-so-easy days/times. There are better days ahead.
- Glass is always half full. It could be oh so much worse.