So last night, I wanted chocolate chip cookies. I was tired, however, and after starting to mix the ingredients together, I just didn’t want to have to sit there and form each individual cookie, and then bake them in batches and whatnot. Epitome of laziness, I know.
The compromise? I decided to just turn the cookies into bars. This couldn’t be simpler to make.
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup of [light] brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of [all-purpose] flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of [milk] chocolate chips
To put your Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars together:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray your non-stick [8×8] pan with non-stick cooking spray as an extra precaution.
- Combine your melted butter and brown sugar.
- Next, add in your vanilla extract vanilla and egg and mix everything together.
- Then, add in your dry ingredients slowly [your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt]. Combine everything together before transferring your mixture into the baking pan.
- Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips. I sprinkled the chocolate chips on top, instead of mixing it into the mixture because I wanted the chocolate chips to pop out.
- Bake for about 25 minutes in your preheated oven. Or until the top is golden brown.
Tip: Let it sit for a few minutes before you cut them into bars once you take the baking pan out of the oven.
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.
Oooh, chewy chocolate chip cookies bars sound delicious! Found your recipe through the Mealtime Monday blog party.<br />(Our blogs have almost the same name too 🙂
No white sugar, all light brown. Sounds really great. I think this will be our next sweet. Pinning so I can find it again. <br /><br />Rhonda @<a href="http://www.laugh-quotes.com" rel="nofollow">Laugh-Quotes.com</a><br />
Marty – thank you! And what a nice coincidence about the blog names! :)<br /><br />Rhonda – thank you! you won't be disappointed.
Chocolate chip cookie bars always remind me of my childhood, so I'm always looking for a good recipe. Most of the one's I've tried though seem too dry and crumbly, and I love the chewy ones. This looks great and I'm excited to give it a try! Thanks!
I love chewy chocolate chip goodness! Thanks for linking up at the Tried and True Party! http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/05/tried-and-true-recipes-11.html
NewMrsAdventures – these were moist and chewy, I think you'll like it. I completely agree that finding a good cookie is so hard — varies on your oven and location!<br /><br />Jackie – so do I! It was done in a flash. I'll definitely be making these again soon.
Wow, these look so yummy! They have chocolate in them so they have to be good!<br />I am your newest GFC follower. <br />Have a wonderful weekend,<br />Bev<br />@ <a href="http://www.eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com" rel="nofollow">Eclectic Red Barn</a><br />
Thanks Bev! They didn't disappoint, that's for sure.