What’s For Dinner: Chocolate Chip and Walnut Pie
- 1 unbaked frozen pie shell
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of [granulated] sugar
- 1/2 cup of [light] brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of [semi-sweet] chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
How I put it together:
- Preheat your oven to 325° F. You don’t need to thaw the frozen pie shell (I just take it straight out of the freezer when I am ready to put the pie together).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the two eggs on high speed until they are light, fluffy, and foamy. Beat in 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and 1/2 cup of light brown sugar until it is all mixed in well.
- Then beat in 3/4th cup of butter that is at room temperature. Finally, stir in 1 cup of chocolate chip morsels and 1 cup of chopped walnuts [I like more walnuts and less chocolate chips when I want it and tend to use half the amount of chocolate, but the majority of people are chocolate lovers 🙂 ].
- Spoon it into the pie shell and smooth it out so it’s leveled. Bake for an hour (or until the knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean).