I love, love, LOVE this Chocolate Chip and Walnut Pie. And so does everyone else who I’ve made it for.
It’s another easy to make dessert, with ingredients including mostly what you have on hand already.
Here’ what you need for it:
- 1 unbaked frozen pie shell
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of [granulated] sugar
- 1/2 cup of [light] brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of [semi-sweet] chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
How I put it together:
- Preheat your oven to 325° F. You don’t need to thaw the frozen pie shell (I just take it straight out of the freezer when I am ready to put the pie together).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the two eggs on high speed until they are light, fluffy, and foamy. Beat in 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and 1/2 cup of light brown sugar until it is all mixed in well.
- Then beat in 3/4th cup of butter that is at room temperature. Finally, stir in 1 cup of chocolate chip morsels and 1 cup of chopped walnuts [I like more walnuts and less chocolate chips when I want it and tend to use half the amount of chocolate, but the majority of people are chocolate lovers 🙂 ].
- Spoon it into the pie shell and smooth it out so it’s leveled. Bake for an hour (or until the knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean).
The pie tastes absolutely delicious just on its own, but I usually serve the pie warm with ice cream or whipped cream at the very least.
Like my recipes? Click this link to purchase my cookbook “What’s for Dinner”
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.
This really sounds great:@)
Thanks! It's one of my favorites!