This melt in your mouth, triple chocolate ice cream is chocolate deliciousness that could not be easier to make. The best part was you don’t even need an ice cream maker. Chocolate ice cream with chocolate brownie chunks, hot fudge, and chocolate chips. I was craving Coldstone Creamery’s Chocolate Devotion when, instead, I decided to make my own version! The hardest part is waiting to eat it it while it sets in the freezer!
What I used:
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup of dry brownie mix
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of prepared brownie chunks
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of hot fudge topping
How I made it:
- For the brownie chucks in the ice cream, I cut up chunks of brownies I had made a day earlier. You can use store bought brownies if you would like, or make brownies as a first step. If you are making your own brownies (your favorite recipe or store bought mixture), make sure you let the brownies cool completely. Once the brownies are cooled, cut the brownies into small chunks. I found the middle of the brownies to be the best part to use – soft and chewy!
- When you are ready to make the ice cream, place the pan/container you will use to store the ice cream in the freezer. I used an 8 by 8 baking pan for your reference.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat your cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk, dry brownie mix. Add the vanilla. Mix together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, pour in your heavy cream and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Next, gently fold in the sweetened condensed mixture, followed by the brownie chunks, the mini chocolate chips and hot fudge topping one at a time.
- Take the pan you put in the freezer earlier, and pour the mixture into the pan.
- Cover your pan tightly and put back in the freezer. At least for eight hours.
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.