What’s for Dessert: Oreo Cheesecake
Going through my list of recipes, it’s no surprise that I love (a good) cheesecake.
One of the desserts I made for Thanksgiving was this Oreo Cheesecake. Or perhaps you want to call it a Cookies and Cream Cheesecake. Either way, it was delicious and a crowd pleaser!
What I used:
- 5 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Oreo cookies
- 2 [8 ounce] packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Preheat your oven 350 degrees. Tip: adjust your oven rack to a level lower than the usual middle position it is usually in (to make sure the cheesecake doesn’t brown too much from the top).
- Spray the base of your springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Finely crush about 20 Oreo cookies (using a food processor).
- Mix your melted butter and Oreo cookie crumbs well, before pressing them into the bottom of your springform pan [to form your base/crust].
- Bake [in your preheated oven] for about 9 minutes. Let your base cool while you assemble your cheesecake filling.
- Blend your cream cheese and condensed milk together until it is smooth.
- Next, add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Do not over beat the mixture, just until it is all incorporated.
- Crumble 12 Oreos with your hands and gently fold them into your mixture. Again, do not overmix.
- Pour your batter over your [cooled] crust.
- Bake in your [preheated] oven for about 50-55 minutes.
- Let your cheesecake set for an hour, before decorating it.
- Decorate as you prefer: here’s how I decorated mine: I spread a layer of whipped cream on top, and piped the whip cream around the edges of the cheesecake and a big dollop in the center. In the middle, of the piping I sprinkled crumbed Oreos. I also put a Oreo cookie [whole] on top of the middle piping.
- Refrigerate for several hours at the very least, but overnight is ideal.
Like my recipes? Click the below link to purchase my cookbook “What’s for Dinner”:
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.