With some extra Instant Pudding Mixes/Pie filling boxes at home that I wanted to use up, a few weeks ago, I made a simple and easy delicious that would be good to serve guests as well.
It’s simple to put together, tastes delicious… but I’d make it the day before you plan on serving it. Typically, I am all about quick and easy (no waiting)… but I loved how great it turned out after being refrigerated overnight. If not overnight, at least for 4-6 hours.
What you need:
- Two flavors (of your choice) of Instant Pudding Mixes/Pie filling (that work well together). I used vanilla and chocolate.
- Milk [to make the pudding]
- Graham crackers
- Whipped Cream/Cool Whip, softened
To put it together:
- First, make each of the pudding mixes as directed on the box. Most call for just mixing the pudding mixes with milk, and letting it set for about five minutes.
- In a tray/dish/baking sheet [whatever you are using], line the bottom with graham crackers. The thickness of the end result will just depend on what you use to put it together in. If you use a regular size foil tray, it’ll be thicker. If you use a 9×13 dish, it’ll obviously be a little thinner. No big deal. All that matters is that it tastes great.
- Once the pudding mixes have individually set, add about a cup or so of cool whip/whipping cream to each of the pudding mixes and fold it together.
- Back to your tray/dish. On top of the layer of graham crackers you put, pour over one of your pudding mixtures. For me, I put the chocolate one at the bottom.
- On top of your pudding mixture, add another layer of graham crackers. Then, pour over your second layer of pudding.
- Refrigerate overnight (for best results)… or at least 4-6 hours.
I didn’t post a picture because from the top, you can’t see the different layers. As soon as I took out a serving, it was hard to showcase the different layers. But whatever: it was delicious. And that’s all that matters.