One of the desserts I made for Thanksgiving this year was this No Bake Oreo Dessert. It’s a quick and easy dessert but does involve planning and prepping ahead of time (in order to let the dessert sit in the fridge for a few hours or even overnight if you can).
Basically, it’s a layered dessert — a layer of crushed Oreos as the base, a cream cheese layer, a chocolate pudding layer, and is topped with Cool Whip and more crushed Oreos.
What I used:
For the base:
- 15.35 ounce package of Oreo Cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
For the cream cheese layer:
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip, softened
For the pudding layer:
- 5.1 ounce box of instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups of milk
For the top:
- 8 ounce tub Cool Whip, softened
How I made this dessert:
- To make the base, what I did was I put the Oreo cookies in a large ziploc bag and crushed with a rolling pin. I left the Oreos as crushed, not completely fine crumbs (like they would turn in the food processor).
- I then set aside about ½ cup of the crumbs to use as garnish a the end. I transferred the remaining crumbs to the pan I was going to assemble my dessert in (you can use a springform pan, a 9×13-inch pan, anything really). I poured the melted butter over the cookies and combined the Oreo cookies with the melted butter, making sure that all of the crumbs are moistened. I then pressed the mixture into an even layer on the bottom of the pan. I put the pan in the refrigerator as I was working on each layer.
- For the next layer – the cream cheese layer, what I did was in a mixing bowl, I beat the cream cheese and then I gradually added the powdered sugar until it is all incorporated. Using a spatula, gently fold in the Cool Whip. Spread in an even layer over the crust. Refrigerate while the pudding layer is prepared.
- To make the pudding layer, in a large bowl: whisk together the pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow it to set. Use a spatula to spread the pudding in an even layer over the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the remaining 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with the Oreo crumbs you set aside earlier.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight) before serving.
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.