- a 9-inch One-Crust Pie Shell [store bought works great]
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened [which is 1/2 a stick]
- 3 ounces of milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled whipping (heavy) cream
- Over low heat, melt your butter and chocolate. Then, remove from heat.
- Mix your sugar and cornstarch together and then stir it into chocolate mixture.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs in a small bowl [on medium speed] until it is thick, and almost lemon colored; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Cook mixture over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until thick and glossy; stir in vanilla. Cool ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled medium bowl until stiff.
- Fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream. Pour into pie shell.
- Cover and freeze for about 4 hours, or until firm, before serving.
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.
Who knew pay phones still existed? I saw one earlier today as we were BBQ-ing at our local park:
Funny enough, they didn’t have recycling bins complimenting the garbage cans at this park.
I think we can all agree this park needs to be
fast forwarded renovated to the present?
P.S. Don’t forget to leave me a comment below on your thoughts! As always, I’d love to hear from you.