Tonight, I made garlic knots.
The semi-homemade way. I say that because instead of making my own pizza dough first, what I used instead was those refrigerated biscuits.
Easy to make, delicious, and ready in twenty minutes [prep and baking time included]!
Here’s what I used:
- 1 [16-ounce] can of [refrigerated] buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of [unsalted] butter, melted
Here’s how I made it:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line your baking sheet with foil [for easy cleanup].
- Cut each of the 8 biscuits in half. Then, using your hands, roll each of the pieces until they are about twice the length. Or even a little longer.
- Make a knot out of each piece of dough. and lay on top of your [lined] baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine together the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder,oregano, parsley and salt.
- Melt the butter and add it to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Brush each of the knots with the butter mixture. Don’t get rid of the leftover butter mixture just yet.
- In your preheated oven, bake the garlic knots for about 8-10 minutes. Until they are golden brown.
- As soon as you take them out of the oven, brush them with the rest of the butter mixture that was leftover earlier. The heat will help the mixture melt over the baked garlic knots and give the finishing touch.
P.S. This post is a part of my “What’s for Dinner” series, where I share what I’ve been cooking and my recipes.